To travelers on a tight budget or backpackers, you’d better add Lasem to your bucket list! Here are a couple of tips on traveling to Lasem for beginners.
- If you haven’t been to Lasem already, you could contact the nearby travel agency in your area or shoot a message to Kelompok Sadar Wisata Desa Karangturi (Karangturi Village’s Tourism Awareness Community). Find their contact number on www.kesengsemlasem.com
- It’d probably take a whole day to check out interesting spots throughout Lasem by a bicycle. Ideally, it indeed requires an entire day to roam around the Lasem old town, but if you want to see every single corner of the town, it’d probably take two days to complete, at least, excluding your travel time from the place of origin. Yup! You should kick the travel time into consideration; otherwise you won’t be able to visit all of the many interesting places.
- It takes some three hours to get to Lasem from Semarang, about 5 hours from Yogyakarta, and 4 or 5 hours from Surabaya if you’re travelling by car or bus. Take any air-conditioned express bus, such as Indonesia or Widji, from Terboyo Bus Station in Semarang. They’re arguably convenient! Beware of middle-men though! I suggest you get in the bus directly.
- Hotel and homestay choices in Lasem aren’t yet plenty enough, but there’s this hotel called Hotel Surya that’s arguably convenient for resting, and a homestay called ‘Nyah Lasem’ on Karangturi, Lane 5, No. 2. The home with colonial-style architecture might be a good option for you, not to mention its close proximity to the heart of the Lasem old town and the town’s culinary center! But usually travellers opt for hotels in Rembang due to the many starred hotel options available there.
- Travelling across Lasem would be very much exciting if you go by a motorcycle, and you can rent one there! Go ask the hotel attendant or your tour guide for more information.
- Lasem lies along the northern coast of Java, with a low precipitation and sunlight that feels like there are 9 shining suns! So hot-tttttttt! You should bring with you a thin wind-breaker, long-sleeved shirts, a hat, an umbrella, and sunblock.
- Make sure you don’t get dehydrated when travelling in Lasem, okay!?
- Need tourism map of Lasem? Check out this website: www.kesengsemlasem.com
- If you want to take your taste buds on a culinary journey in Lasem, go visit our website. You can find information that pertains to the wide-ranging street foods you can get in Lasem.